martedì 2 ottobre 2012

VeganMoFo: Ciambella al cioccolato e mandorle


Hi there! :)

I spent the last week thinking about what recipes I could write for MoFo, so I was like "Ok, a recipe from my grandma, and one from my grandpa - otherwise it's unfair! ;) -, a new recipe I tried over the last months and some basic recipes I learned..."
And I started writing a few... no, not recipes, just their titles!! :P 

But now, I wasn't content with those titles and I wanted to try something completely new. Here's my chocolate and almond ciambella!

So now the point is, what's a ciambella?
It's a circular shaped cake with a hole in the middle. And no, it's not a doughnut or donut, because it's huger and it's not fried. It's healthier, homemade and baked. 

My grandma used to make a very good ciambellone (it's another word for it, and it means huge ciambella, but I called mine the other way because it's not that huge and it's my first vegan one, so... let's be modest! :P ) and my mum still makes it, but they use eggs, so... I'm the black sheep! ;)

Here's my recipe! :)


Ingredients
  • 200 gr white flour (I know it's better not to use it, but it's the one I found in the pantry) 
  • 150 gr sugar
  • 50 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 250 ml homemade almond milk
  • 50 ml corn oil
  • 100 gr almond okara
  • 16 gr baking powder (for desserts) - It is sold in little sachets, like sugar, so I didn't weigh each gram! If you have a sachet, just use it! :) I had a look on the grams because I couldn't find sachets when I was abroad - I found a can, instead - so it was hard with proportions.


Directions
  • Put flour, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and blend them. 
  • Add almond milk and corn oil, stir a bit and then add almond okara.
  • Keep on stirring until you get a smooth cream.
  • Add the baking powder and blend everything together.
  • Spread some oil on the pan and add some flour, just a bit, so that the dough doesn't stick to the pan - maybe it's better to do this step before.
  • Heat the oven to 180°C, pour your cream into a circular pan (with a hole!) and bake it for 40 mins. 
If you don't use Centigrades, bake it as you usually do or have a look on Google - I don't know what grades you use, so I can't link a conversion. :)
  • Wait it gets cold and take it out of the pan, isn't it nice?
  • Cut it into slices and... enjoy! :)

****************
Ciao!

Oggi ho preparato per la prima volta questa ciambella e ho pensato di condividerla con voi e con gli altri MoFoers.

Ingredienti
  • 200 gr di farina OO (So che è meglio non usarla, ma era l'unica che avevo)
  • 150 gr di zucchero
  • 50 gr di cacao amaro
  • 250 ml di latte di mandorla autoprodotto
  • 50 ml di olio di semi di mais
  • 100 gr di okara di mandorle
  • 1 bustina di lievito


Procedimento
  • Mettete farina, zucchero e cacao in una ciotola e mescolateli.
  • Aggiungete il latte di mandorla e l'olio di semi, mescolate un po' e poi aggiungete l'okara.
  • Continuate a mescolare finché il composto non sarà liscio e cremoso.
  • Aggiungete il lievito e continuate a mescolare.
  • Versate il composto in una teglia precedentemente oleata e infarinata.
  • Mettete in forno a 180° per 40 minuti.


Semplice semplice, ma spero vi piaccia! :)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Ti potrebbero anche interessare:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...