giovedì 4 ottobre 2012

VeganMoFo: Pesto. My grandpa's recipe.

Hey! :)

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'm going to give you a couple of recipes from my grandparents. This is a little simple one of them.

My grandma used flowerpots for flowers, especially geraniums. She liked when her colourful balcony looked like her colourful garden.

My grandpa uses flowerpots for aromatic herbs, especially basil. And he likes when his aromatic garden looks like his aromatic balcony.
Basil means only one thing for him: pesto!

I have to say that I like his pesto, it's good and tasty, and he doesn't add garlic nor parmesan.
I hate garlic. And I've never liked parmesan on pasta, so I can say that my grandpa's pesto is perfect for me! :)


Ingredients
  • organic basil
  • pine nuts or walnuts or almonds or a mix of them
  • evo oil

Directions
  • Pick your basil, wash it and let it dry on a cloth for a few hours. Maybe it's better to cover it with another cloth, so that dust or insects don't lay on it.
  • When it's dry, shred it and put it in a blender. Add pine nuts (or walnuts or almonds or the mix you prefer), oil and activate your blender.
  • If you like a smooth pesto, let your blender work longer, but if you like to taste pine nuts little pieces, stop it earlier - my grandpa prefers the second one! ;)

A little tip: when you want to use it with pasta, put some pesto in a bowl and add one or two spoons of cooking water in it and blend together. Then add your pasta and blend.
The cooking water contains starch - if I'm not wrong - and it helps to stick pesto and pasta and makes your dish creamy. ;)

Buon appetito! :)

[No Italian version tonight, everyone knows how to make pesto... and I'm a bit tired!]






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Ti potrebbero anche interessare:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...