sabato 27 ottobre 2012

VeganMoFo: Salame di cioccolato

Hello MoFoers and the rest of the world! :)

What are you up to?
I'm chilling out a little bit with a glass of soy milk and a slice of chocolate salami before checking my thesis once again.

I love chocolate - who doesn't? - and I could eat chocolate everywhere. Ok, maybe not with pasta, but with white pizza... yum! Well, anyway yesterday night I wanted some chocolate and I thought of making this sweet salami. I veganized the recipe I used to make last year - I used ricotta instead of okara - and it seems ok!

So, here's my recipe!



Ingredients
  • 250 gr of biscuits
  • 100 gr of dark chocolate
  • 100 gr of sugar
  • 50 gr of almond okara
  • 50 gr of soy okara


Directions
  • Melt chocolate in a bain-marie.
  • Crumble your biscuits (milk-free, butter-free, egg-free) in a bowl. I used a glass to crumble them, so that I reduced some of them into powder and I got some little irregular pieces.
  • When chocolate is melted, add it to the biscuits and mix them with a spoon.
  • Now add the other ingredients and mix again.
  • When you see that all the ingredients are aggregating into big and small pieces, you can stop mixing and put them on a baking paper.
  • Give it a salami shape - long and as round as you can for a classical shape, but I gave it a smiley shape! -, close the baking paper and keep on compressing it.
  • Now put it on a tin foil, close and compress it again.
  • Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours before eating - the more it stays in the fridge, the better.
  • Then, cut it into slices and eat as much as you can!

Remarks

  1. This is my first attempt with okara, I used to make it with (100 gr of) ricotta and I remember it was really really good. Now, I'm not as content with it as I was with the old version. I don't know why, but I think it can depend on okara or on sugar. 
  2. As for okara, I have to say that I don't taste it as I did with ricotta, but on the whole, it's good.
  3. As for sugar, I have to say that I starting avoiding it a few months ago or I eat it if necessary. It think it is probably due to sugar. I used white sugar, because it was the only one I had yesterday night, and I think this is the last time I eat it. Now I perceive its flavour and there's something I don't like. I don't know why and I can't explain it better than this. I'll find out.
  4. This was my first vegan attempt with chocolate salami, so I made a simple version, but you can enrich it with hazenuts, walnuts or pine nuts and the smell and flavour will be even better! :)

And finally... buon appetito! :)



********************************************

Ciao ciao gente!

Come state? Che fate?
Io, al momento, mi rilasso con un bicchiere di latte di soia e una fetta di salame di cioccolato  prima di rimettermi sulla tesi. :)

Ieri sera avevo voglia di qualcosa di cioccolatoso e così ho provato a veganizzare la ricetta che avevo messo a puntino l'anno scorso - allora usavo la ricotta invece dell'okara.

Eccola qua! :)

Ingredienti
  • 250 gr di biscotti secchi
  • 100 gr di cioccolato fondente
  • 100 gr di zucchero
  • 50 gr di okara di mandorle
  • 50 gr di okara di soia


Preparazione
  • Fate sciogliere il cioccolato a bagnomaria.
  • Sbriciolate i biscotti in una ciotola - io mi aiuto con un bicchiere, così i pezzetti sono irregolari e alcuni addirittura ridotti in polvere.
  • Quando il cioccolato è fuso, aggiungetelo ai biscotti e mescolate aiutandovi con un cucchiaio.
  • Aggiungete gli altri ingredienti e continuate a mescolare.
  • Quando il composto si aggrega in pezzetti più o meno grandi potete disporlo sulla carta da forno e dargli una forma classica o quella che più vi piace - io ho fatto anche uno smile! -  e poi avvolgete il tutto nella carta alluminio.
  • Tenete in frigo per almeno 3 ore - più ci sta, meglio è.


Considerazioni
  1. Questa è la prima volta che sostituisco la ricotta (100 gr) con l'okara. Devo dire che la versione precedente mi piaceva moltissimo, mentre questa è buona ma non mi soddisfa come l'altra. Non so perché, credo dipenda dall'okara o dallo zucchero.
  2. Quanto all'okara, devo dire che, diversamente dalla ricotta, non ne sento il sapore, quindi non mi disturba e nell'insieme è buono.
  3. Quanto allo zucchero, invece, devo dire che ho iniziato a evitarlo, se non strettamente necessario, alcuni mesi fa e forse è il suo gusto che non mi convince. Ho usato lo zucchero bianco, perché era l'unico che avevo ieri sera e mi sa che è anche l'ultima volta che lo uso. Comunque, non so spiegare questa sensazione ora, ma scoprirò di che si tratta.
  4. Dato che è stato il mio primo tentativo vegano con il salame di cioccolato, ho fatto una versione semplice, ma voi potete arricchirla con nocciole, noci o pinoli per un profumo e un sapore ancora più buoni!
Enjoy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Ti potrebbero anche interessare:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...